Woodcliff Lake, NJ - Junior Level Scientist
Anchor QEA Seeking Junior Level Scientist for Woodcliff Lake Office
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Experience Level: Junior Level
Required Education: Bachelors/Masters
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm focused on improving the environment and our communities and advancing the careers of all our employees. Our vision is to maintain our position as an industry leader through continued growth, being our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems, to attract the most diverse talents, and to continue being our employees’ first choice as the company where they want to work and grow. We employ more than 350 people in offices throughout the United States and believe that engaged staff lead to great client service and to future success. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill sets in a collaborative environment.
What’s the Opportunity?
Anchor QEA is seeking a full-time, junior level scientist that has a natural affinity for science, has the capacity to grow, is a quick learner, is detail-orientated, is a committed team player, and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. This position is for an opening in our Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey office.
Responsibilities for the position will include contributions to many important environmental sites in the country and may include the following:
- Interpret data and results by conducting data analysis using various tools including statistical analysis; this may also include compiling and managing data.
- Develop methods to best visualize data and results to support internal and external communication.
- Develop and apply mathematical models to various aspects of a project—this would include developing model inputs, processing outputs, interpreting and presenting model results, and communicating findings internally and externally.
- Become proficient in all the tools required to support tasks, and eventually develop additional tools and processes and become a technical resource.
- Some field work may be required.
What Are We Looking For?
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- BS or MS degree in relevant field (e.g., environmental science or biology)
- 0 to 4 years of experience
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (such as Python and/or IDL), course work in or understanding of basic statistical analysis, and experience in analysis or modeling of contaminants in aquatic systems
- Background in environmental science and related processes
- Laboratory or field-based research projects
- Presentation of scientific results at a conference
- Publication of research results in a scientific journal
- Consulting or other relevant internships
What Can You Expect?
A collegial work environment; a competitive salary, bonus program, and excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability); a generous retirement plan match; and vacation/sick leave.
How Do I Apply?
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
Please apply online via using the button below.
- Woodcliff Lake, NJ
- Employee status