Daphne, AL - Professional Engineer, Civil/Environmental
Anchor QEA Seeking Professional Engineer for Daphne, AL Office
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that is focused on improving the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is for a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set.
What’s the Opportunity?
Anchor QEA is looking for a Professional Engineer to work on all phases of environmental projects with electric utility clients. The projects will focus on compliance with coal combustion residuals regulations and contaminated site cleanup.
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Master of Civil Engineering (environmental concentration)
- 6-10 years of experience
- Professional Engineer license in Alabama (with ability to get FL PE)
- Electric utility project management experience
- Experience working for electric utility clients on both coal combustion residuals issues, and legacy contaminated site assessment/remediation.
- Experience with the assessment and cleanup of sites impacted with arsenic is desired.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time and perform field work is a must.
Additionally, the candidate should have experience with the following:
- Providing bidding support, preparing bid documents, and reviewing contractor’s bids
- Performing field reconnaissance
- Performing subcontractor oversight and subcontractor administration tasks
- Facilitating meetings with clients, contractors, and project stakeholders
- Preparing site assessment, remediation and engineering design reports
- Developing strong and lasting client relationships
- Managing projects and project teams
- Developing scopes of work, budgets, and schedules
- Implementing corporate health and safety policies
A willingness to work on a variety of tasks, an ability to work independently and as part of a team, and strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. The successful candidate will be very detail-oriented, highly organized, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is important. A successful candidate will have knowledge of health and safety practices.
What Can You Expect?
A collegial work environment; a competitive salary, bonus program, and excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability); a generous retirement plan match; and vacation/sick leave.
How Do I Apply?
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. To submit your application, click on the link below.
- Daphne, AL
- Employee status