Seattle or Tacoma, WA - Senior Construction Manager – Seattle or Tacoma, WA
Anchor QEA Seeking Senior Construction Manager for Seattle or Tacoma
Job Type: Full-time
Experience Level: Senior
Required Education: BS, Construction Management, Engineering, Engineering Technology
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that wants to improve the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set.
What’s the Opportunity?
Anchor QEA, LLC is seeking an experienced Senior Construction Manager with a focus in marine and civil construction. Our ideal candidate will be a team builder, possess a strong work ethic and have a high level of ambition and self-motivation. The successful candidate will be detail oriented and committed to high quality and professional work
This senior construction manager will be responsible for overseeing the work of single or multiple projects; proactively manage project budgets and schedules and will work closely with the Anchor QEA, LLC project team. The senior construction manager will have primary responsibility for the administration of construction contracts, tracking project performance, and reporting to project owners and the Anchor QEA, LLC partnership.
- Responsible for effective (safe, quality, timely, cost effective) execution of construction project work on site, through planning, coordination and control of construction resources and activities from inception to project close-out.
- Responsible for ensuring that all materials of construction and methods of construction conform to project, industry, and regulatory standards, specifications, and requirements.
- Thoroughly review plans and specifications for consistency, constructability, buildability and opportunities for improvement.
- Review, analyze, and oversee construction cost estimates from project contractors.
- Work closely with the construction and design team to achieve project budgets
- Be an active participant/leader in the estimate review process and provide ideas and alternate approaches, means and methods for consideration as required to meet the project budget.
- Review, coordinate and oversee construction schedule creation and implementation.
- Primary responsibility for communication, coordination and contract administration with clients.
- Establish and implement document control procedures for construction projects.
- Apply for and obtain permits necessary to accomplish projects
- Participate in the negotiations of contracts and subcontracts, including the preparation of budgets and scope of work for Construction Management projects.
- Prepare complete change order packages, including determining entitlement, determining time impacts, and assessing cost impacts.
- Coordinate project closeout and completion of punch list items as well as transition of projects from construction phase to operation phase.
- Preparation of project Closure Reports as well as Operations and Maintenance Manuals.
- Train and mentor staff on proper Construction Management practices.
- Activity participate in business development to maintain existing client satisfaction and develop new clients.
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- BS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Engineering Technology, desired.
- Professional Engineer and/or Certified Construction Manager credential.
- Knowledge of a variety of Owner-Contractor contract agreements including Lump Sum, Cost Plus Guaranteed Maximum Price and Design/Build Contracts.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience as a construction manager with overall project responsibility with general contractor or design build firms. 10-15 years preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead a team of construction professionals
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Project).
- Proficiency with project scheduling and evaluating baseline schedules and schedule updates.
- Some travel is required. Majority of travel will be regional to jobsites to attend client meetings and for the occasional short-term assignments at client facilities to support installation and start-up activities
- Completed OSHA 10 or 30-hour certification, 40-hour HAZWOPER desired.
- Successfully completed industrial projects with values ranging from $50K to $50M
- Experience of dredging and in water construction experience desired.
- Must be able to navigate uneven terrain and lift 40 pounds.
What Can You Expect?
A collegial work environment; a competitive salary, bonus program, and excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability); a generous retirement plan match; and vacation/sick leave.
How Do I Apply?
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Please apply online using the link below.
- Seattle or Tacoma, WA
- Employee status