Asheville, NC - Senior Engineer
Anchor QEA Seeking Sr. Engineer for Asheville, NC Office
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm. We employ more than 350 highly motivated people in offices around the United States. We are committed to fostering a work environment that is conducive to the personal and professional growth of each employee. This is accomplished through a company philosophy that combines teamwork, open communication, shared benefits, participation in the life of the company, shared opportunities, and job sculpting. We all strive to contribute to a friendly, supportive, and fun work environment.
What’s the Opportunity?
The Senior-level Engineer will provide support on civil engineering projects during all phases from concept to construction. Typical projects include site planning and civil engineering design for public and private-sector clients with a variety of focuses such as commercial and institutional development, public water and wastewater utility extensions, stormwater management, and stream and shoreline restoration. This Senior-level individual will serve on multidisciplinary teams of engineers, geologists, landscape architects, and scientists on projects involving site civil engineering and restoration.
What Are We Looking For?
This Senior-Level Engineer will have 8 to 10 years of experience in consulting. A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and professional engineering license in North Carolina are required. The candidate should be proficient in the preparation of civil engineering designs from the conceptual stages to final construction documents. Typical design projects include:
· Site planning
· Detailed grading design
· Stormwater management
· Erosion and sedimentation control
· Public and private potable water lines
· Sanitary sewer systems
· Stream restoration and bank stabilization
· Lake management and shoreline stabilization
Additionally, the candidate should have experience with the following:
· Providing bidding support, preparing bid documents, and reviewing contractor’s bids
· Performing field reconnaissance
· Performing construction oversight and construction administration tasks
· Facilitating meetings with clients, contractors, and project stakeholders
· Preparing permit applications and responding to permit reviewer comments
· Preparing engineering design reports
· Preparing opinions of probable construction cost based on current construction market in the Western North Carolina region
· Developing strong and lasting client relationships
· Computer-aided drafting and design (CADD) applications; Experience with any of the following programs preferred: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, PowerDraft, Power Civil, WaterCAD, HydroCAD, or HEC-RAS
· Managing projects and project teams
· Developing scopes of work, budgets, and schedules
· Implementing corporate health and safety policies
A willingness to work on a variety of tasks, an ability to work independently and as part of a team, and strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. The successful candidate will be very detail-oriented, highly organized, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is important. A successful candidate will have knowledge of health and safety practices.
What Can You Expect?
A collegial work environment and a competitive salary, bonus program, and excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability), a generous retirement plan match, and vacation/sick leave.
How Do I Apply?
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Asheville, NC
- Employee status