Asheville, NC - Managing Engineer or Scientist
Anchor QEA Seeking Managing Engineer or Scientist for Asheville, NC office
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Experience Level: Senior Managing or Principal
Required Education: Masters or multi-degreed (e.g., technical and business)
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that wants to improve the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set.
What’s the Opportunity?
Anchor QEA is seeking a senior level individual to lead and manage our Asheville NC office. The individual will be a driving force behind the growth of Anchor QEA resources in the region.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Successfully managing an office of 25 – 30 people, including technical and administrative staff
- Growing business opportunities in North and South Carolina, and East Tennessee (i.e., within about a 5 hours’ drive from Asheville NC)
- New client development, project opportunity identification, proposal preparation, and capture of new work
- Manage programs and projects, including budgets and financial aspects
- Perform all aspects of staff management, including performance management, overseeing other staff managers, resource management, hiring, organizational management, training and employee development, and fostering teamwork
- Comprehensive scope development, fee negotiations, project schedule and deliverable milestones development, technical and financial project management, client and stakeholder coordination, project design, and project implementation, and subcontractor administration for potentially complex projects
- Identification of strategic teaming partners and staff resource needs
- Work with other office managers, regional leads, and shareholders to grow work across the entire Southeast and in other regions of the country as appropriate.
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Master’s degree in science or engineering, or multi-degreed, e.g., technical and business
- –Fifteen to 20+ years of experience in environmental consulting, with more than 5 years of experience working directly in North Carolina preferred
- Experience successfully managing an office or organization of 20 – 30 people; proven staff management skills and experience
- Proven ability to manage large projects, programs, and budgets; experience in implementing systems to maximize employee satisfaction, profit, and meet client requirements simultaneously; planner and visionary for the future
- Proven ability to generate new business in environmental science and engineering, at a scale appropriate for an office or organization of 20 – 30 people
- Knowledge of North Carolina business, political, and environmental regulatory environment; relationships with key stakeholders (e.g., business, government, regulators) in North Carolina; knowledge of Anchor QEA’s competition, and potential teaming partners
- Ability to generate business within about a 5-hour drive of Asheville (Mountains and Piedmont of North Carolina, East Tennessee, and upland South Carolina) preferred
- Timely and effective communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels within the Anchor QEA organization (up, down, and laterally), and externally to clients, regulatory agencies, the public and other stakeholders as needed
- Proven ability to lead teams, but also work independently as needed; proven team player; self-starter, initiative
- Expertise in groundwater work in fractured rock terrain, and treatment of organic compounds in groundwater preferred
- Registered professional engineer, geologist, or other applicable profession preferred; or ability to achieve registration quickly
What Can You Expect?
A collegial work environment; a competitive salary, bonus program, and excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability); a generous retirement plan match; and vacation/sick leave.
How Do I Apply?
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
Please apply via using the link below.
- Asheville, NC
- Employee status