Syracuse, NY - Sr. HR Generalist, Syracuse, NY
Anchor QEA Seeking Senior HR Generalist for Syracuse, NY Office
Job Type: Full-time
Experience Level: Senior
Required Education: Bachelors
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that is focused on improving the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is for a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set.
What’s the Opportunity?
The Senior HR Generalist will partner with senior regional leaders and their teams to execute HR strategies and planning in support of organizational growth. The individual in this role must apply deep business and functional knowledge to inform and drive the short and long-term talent management strategy and HR priorities of the organization. We are looking for an HR professional with demonstrated analytical capabilities and able to influence business leaders with data-driven recommendations. The individual in this role must have demonstrated ability to coach leaders, develop innovative solutions and programs that deliver results. The Senior HR Generalist is expected to facilitate a collaborative working environment and implement appropriate change management initiatives. This is a true generalist role providing an opportunity to be both hands-on and strategic providing human resources expertise in the areas of coaching/development, employee relations and much more. This role will be embedded with the business and will work closely with its leadership team on organizational and people related issues. This position will report to the Managing Director of Human Resources.
- Broad knowledge HR generalists with employee relations, employment law, benefit management, multi-locations support, leave/accommodations management, wage/hour knowledge.
- Supporting 2 Regional leaders and all locations and employees within each Region.
- Implementation of company-wide HR policies and process within their regions ensuring consistency in messaging and implementation
- Delivery and/or coordination of delivery of training and development within their region
- Partner with Regional leaders to implement local strategies to support engagement, manage attrition, ensure compliance and consistency across all sites and managers
- Collaboration with leadership for alignment on company vision
- Analyzes and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer/employee relationship
- Up to 40% travel
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Multi-facility/ regional support experience
- Proven ability of building partnerships and relationships with staff managers across multiple locations
- Strong business acumen and ability to integrate data to support HR recommendations
- Collaborative communication
- 5+ years of experience in an HR business partner role
- Experience with ATS/HRIS systems and processes training
- Experience with redesign of HR functions and processes
- Experience in change-management
- Able to work in ambiguity
- Entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions
- Well versed in employment law; preferably multi-state knowledge; knowledge of California state employment law highly desired
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Client focused
- Professional services experience is desired.
- Experience in executive coaching and change management highly desired
What Can You Expect?
A collegial work environment; a competitive salary, bonus program, and excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability); a generous retirement plan match; and vacation/sick leave.
How Do I Apply?
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Please apply online using the link below.
- Syracuse, NY
- Employee status