Daphne, AL or Seattle, WA - Proposal Writer/Technical Editor
Anchor QEA Seeking Proposal Writer/Technical Editor for Daphne, AL or Seattle, WA Office
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that wants to improve the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set.
What’s the Opportunity?
Proposal writers and technical editors play a critical role in the success of our marketing and project teams, directly reflecting Anchor QEA’s commitment to exceptional client service and high-quality products. Our team thrives in a collaborative and deadline-driven environment, routinely working with subject matter experts on a variety of technical content for marketing proposals, client presentations, and various technical reports. If you flourish in a team environment and enjoy writing and editing concise, compelling content, we would love to hear from you.
- Lead proposal development activities by managing the proposal preparation process, including preparing the master proposal schedule, coordinating reviews, creating/tracking a compliance matrix, maintaining task list, etc.
- Write clear and concise proposal content for both technical and non-technical audiences (i.e., resumes, project descriptions, and other narratives as appropriate).
- Coordinate input from multiple authors to simply communicate complex concepts for maximum scoring on proposals.
- Lead and/or support proposal strategies, including implementation of win themes, graphics, and various written/visual creative communication concepts.
- Prepare status reports and briefings for management related to current pursuits; prepare and participate in reviews at all stages in the proposal lifecycle.
- Ensure all work products adhere to company brand and quality standards.
- Perform technical editing of marketing materials.
- Actively participate in workload sharing with technical editors, often across regions, for technical editing of project deliverables.
- Provide additional project-related administrative support, such as file management, team correspondence, meeting facilitation, and workload planning.
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of direct experience related to A/E proposal development, plus a minimum of 3 years professional editing experience (ideally in a technical field)
- Superior time management skills, detail-oriented, and adept at prioritizing among multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of and experience with the full A/E proposal lifecycle from pre- to post-RFP phases
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Ability to support a flexible work schedule
Advanced proficiency in MS Word; proficient in MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and Adobe Acrobat (experience with InDesign, Photoshop, and SharePoint is a plus)
What Can You Expect?
A collegial work environment; a competitive salary, bonus program, and excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability); a generous retirement plan match; and vacation/sick leave.
How Do I Apply?
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
- Daphne, AL or Seattle, WA
- Employee status