Seattle, WA - Technical Editor, Seattle
Anchor QEA Seeking Technical Editor for Seattle, WA Office
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that wants to improve the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set.
What’s the Opportunity?
Technical Editors play a critical role in the success of our project and marketing teams, directly reflecting Anchor QEA’s commitment to exceptional client service and high-quality products. Our editorial team thrives in a collaborative and deadline-driven environment, routinely working with subject matter experts on a variety of technical content, such as scientific reports, engineering specifications, marketing proposals, and client presentations. If you flourish in a team environment and enjoy working with language, we would love to hear from you.
- Perform technical editing of project deliverables and marketing materials.
- Ensure work products adhere to company brand and quality standards.
- Assist in marketing efforts by reviewing RFPs/RFQs, developing proposal outlines, coordinating development and review schedules, and verifying compliance.
- Actively participate in workload sharing with fellow editors, often across regions.
- Provide additional project-related administrative support, such as file management, team correspondence, meeting facilitation, and workload planning.
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of professional editing experience (ideally in a technical field)
- Experience working with marketing or business development content
- Superior time management skills, detail-oriented, and adept at prioritizing among multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word; proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat (experience with InDesign, Photoshop, and SharePoint is a plus)
What Can You Expect?
A collegial work environment; a competitive salary, bonus program, and excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability); a generous retirement plan match; and vacation/sick leave.
How Do I Apply?
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
- Seattle, WA
- Employee status