Seattle, WA - Intern- Business Development, Research
Anchor QEA Seeking Business Development Research Intern for Seattle, WA Office
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that wants to improve the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set.
What’s the Opportunity?
Anchor QEA is seeking a part-time or full-time intern to support our Business Development team. Interns will have the unique experience of hands on work within their scope of study, as well as the opportunity for exposure to other service areas within our firm. Interns will walk away with a foundational knowledge of environmental engineering, consulting, planning and restoration, and science. You’ll even have a chance to work with Principal and senior-level professionals, assisting them with project-related tasks and gaining insight into the world of professional consulting. Internships last a minimum of 10 weeks, 12 preferred, and beginning at a mutually agreeable start date.
- Conduct focused market research related to new clients, including alignment factors, data analysis, financial statement analysis, secondary source research, and interviews
- Conduct research related to potential partners for new clients and services
- Prepare presentations and briefing packages for internal audiences
- Document leads related to Anchor QEA services and partnerships
- Synthesize data, analyze results, identify trends, and summarize findings for internal/external communication
- Schedule meetings, calls, and other logistical support for business development activities
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a recent graduate
- Bachelor and Masters degree program focused on a marketing or business related field
- Strong academic performance
- Aptitude for critical thinking
- Impeccable judgment and discretion
- Excellent research skills (rapid but detail-oriented)
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Clear, concise writing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and constructive communication skills
- Comfort in a demanding environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and work independently
- Proficiency with word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and database software
- Passionate interest in technology and technology-driven businesses
What Can You Expect?
A collegial work environment; a competitive salary, bonus program, and excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability); a generous retirement plan match; and vacation/sick leave.
How Do I Apply?
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
- Seattle, WA
- Employee status