Saratoga Springs, NY - Junior Environmental Engineer
Anchor QEA Seeking Jr. Engineer for Saratoga Springs, NY Office
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that is focused on improving the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is for a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set.
What’s the Opportunity?
Anchor QEA is seeking a full-time, junior level engineer for our Saratoga Springs, New York office that has an affinity for science and engineering, has the capacity to grow, is a quick learner, is detail-orientated, is a committed team player, and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. This position will support environmental engineering projects involving upland and sediment characterization and remediation, source control evaluations, water quality assessments, and construction management. Successful candidates will have an opportunity to work on a variety of tasks of differing complexities, both independently and in team environments, and learn directly from leaders in the industry.
- Preparation of engineering calculations, cost estimates, design drawings, and specifications for upland and sediment remediation, waterfront, and source control projects
- Field sampling and analysis at upland and in-water project sites (position will require travel for 30-50%, depending on project needs)
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of environmental data
- Technical writing to support the preparation of sampling and analysis plans, remedial investigation and feasibility study reports, and design documents, including technical specifications
- Field assignments including environmental sampling (soil, sediment, groundwater, and water quality) and oversight and construction management support during remedial action project implementation
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- BS or MS degree in relevant field (e.g., Civil or Environmental Engineering)
- 0 to 2 years of experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (including MS Project)
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Plan/desire to work towards Engineer in Training (EIT) certification and Professional Engineering (PE) licensure
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification (preferred; will be provided by Anchor QEA upon hire if not certified)
- Experience with environmental sampling and data analysis
- Ability to travel for field and/or construction projects (up to 30-50%, depending on project needs)
What Can You Expect?
A collegial work environment; a competitive salary, bonus program, and excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability); a generous retirement plan match; and vacation/sick leave.
How Do I Apply?
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. Please apply online using the link below.
- Saratoga Springs, NY
- Employee status