Woodcliff Lake, NJ; Syracuse, NY; Daphne, AL; Saratoga Springs, NY; Philadelphia, PA area; Baltimore, MD area - GIS Analyst
Anchor QEA Seeking GIS Analyst for East Coast, open to mulitple locations
Locations- please specify which location you are applying to: Woodcliff Lake, NJ; Syracuse, NY; Daphne, AL; Saratoga Springs, NY; Philadelphia, PA area; Baltimore, MD area
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that is focused on improving the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is for a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set. Anchor QEA is an Esri Business Partner, using the full suite of desktop and Enterprise GIS technology.
What’s the Opportunity?
Is your passion GIS? Do you want to grow in your GIS career? Join our national GIS Team as a Staff 1-2 GIS Analyst, supporting projects with spatial analysis, cartography, data management, and Enterprise GIS. We are looking to enhance our Enterprise GIS prowess, so bring your various hats to support both our everyday workflow and our R&D strategies as we implement ArcGIS Pro and enhance our Enterprise GIS. Help our project teams solve some of the most challenging problems in the industry!
As a GIS Analyst, you will support our projects, nationwide, as a member of the GIS Team. Anchor QEA uses ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, and ArcGIS Online for project and client support from field data collection to centralized data management to desktop analysis and document production to Esri COTS application development.
· Work is fast paced in a consulting environment, which involves organizing and prioritizing work with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
· Support senior GIS staff on projects: data acquisition, data management, analysis, and reporting, as assigned.
· Tasks will support multi-disciplinary projects: engineering, environmental sciences, and planning and restoration.
· Support the team with various tasks related to ArcGIS Enterprise and Portal: publishing services, managing databases, and creating COTS applications.
· Prepare tablets for field data collection efforts using a Trimble GeoXT or R1, Collector for ArcGIS, or Survey123.
· Engage with project teams to support and promote emerging GIS technology.
· Generate professional cartographic products.
· Provide technical support to GIS users.
· Document best practices.
· Cultivate a friendly, supportive, and fun work environment through open communication and teamwork within and external to Anchor QEA.
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Geology, Environmental Science, or related field. Experience may be substituted for education for exceptional candidates.
· Demonstrate 1 to 4 years of progressive experience with Esri’s ArcGIS Desktop Suite including Spatial Analyst: environmental, geospatial analysis; basics of Python; workflow for document production; and data/geodatabase management.
· Demonstrate excellence in critical spatial thinking, troubleshooting, organization, attention to detail, and cartography.
· Demonstrate knowledge of concepts of geospatial data management and general data Quality Assurance processes
· Demonstrate the ability to communicate and present data effectively to various audiences from a technical expert to the public on multiple platforms such as documentation, figures, verbal communication, and online applications.
· Demonstrate experience in developing written technical documentation (such as metadata, process flows, etc.)
· Demonstrate ability to understand map projections and vertical datums
· Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online, including two or more of the following: Collector for ArcGIS; Survey123; Portal for ArcGIS; Drone2Map; Image Server; ArcGIS Online; Esri COTS applications; and SQL Server Geodatabase management.
· Master’s degree
· Familiarity with the application of ArcGIS Pro in consulting.
· Demonstrated ability to develop stand-alone geospatial models and tools using Esri ModelBuilder or Python.
· Familiarity with EQuIS or other enterprise environmental database systems.
· Familiarity with SQL Server and enterprise geodatabases
· Familiarity with GIS/CAD data conversions.
· Familiarity with topographic and bathymetric data including various sources and collection methods.
· Experience in environmental, engineering, or natural resources consulting.
Competencies and Skills:
· Exceptional internal and external customer service
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced consulting environment
· Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to organize and prioritize work with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
· Ability to work independently and take the initiative to solve complex problems
What Can You Expect?
A collegial work environment; a competitive salary, bonus program, and excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability); a generous retirement plan match; and vacation/sick leave.
How Do I Apply?
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
- Woodcliff Lake, NJ; Syracuse, NY; Daphne, AL; Saratoga Springs, NY; Philadelphia, PA area; Baltimore, MD area
- Employee status